PREPARATION OF SURFACES
New walls, interior and exterior, fibre cement interior walls, new surfaces
- All cementitious surfaces must be fully hydrated.
- Do not apply to wet or damp surfaces.
- Surfaces to be clean, firm and dust-free.
- Where fillers have been used, a complete coat of Hydrofill should be applied as an undercoat to obtain a uniform appearance when viewed obliquely, otherwise a blotched effect may result.
- Apply only to suitable weathered galvanized iron, which has been correctly treated to remove all contaminants e.g. use Dekro Galv-o-Clean
- Prime with one coat of Vasbyt Metal Primer
- Prime with Dekro Pink Wood Primer.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES
Paint in good condition
- Clean down with suitable detergent.
- Rub down glossy surfaces with a suitable wet and dry paper.
Limewash and distemper
- Completely remove, lime-wash or distemper and seal with Dekro Masonry Paint, thinned 25% by volume with Mineral Turps.
- In areas where waterproofing application is desired (e.g. flashing, parapets, roof fasteners, roof sheet lappings) use in conjunction with a suitable reinforcing membrane.
- Apply one bedding coat, one saturation coat and allow to dry for 24 hours. Thereafter apply two further coats at 24 hour intervals.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
- Use only cold water and soap if necessary.
- Ready for use by brush or roller.
- Do not thin.
- May be applied by airless spray.