Fibreglass is inherently resistant to weather and chemicals and is painted purely for decoration.
- Wash well with a concentrated detergent to remove the mould release agent.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Sandpaper lightly and dust off.
Whenever possible, paint on the unexposed side of the glass. Use High-Gloss Enamel, Semi-Gloss, Matt Enamels or Plastic Emulsion paints.
New glass surface
- Wash well with a concentrated detergent solution to remove dust, dirt and grease.
- Wipe the glass with methylated spirits and a clean cloth.
Previously painted glass surface
- Remove existing paint by scraping.
- Proceed as for new surface.
- Remove dust, dirt, oil, etc. by washing down with a suitable concentrated detergent solution.
- Sandpaper to roughen the surface slightly. This is necessary to ensure good adhesion of the paint.
Previously painted plastic
If in poor condition:
- remove paint by scraping or sandpapering. Do not use paint remover.
If in good condition:
- clean down
- sandpaper lightly
- dust lightly